Do you have what it takes to be part of the Knighthood? Knights Roofing Ltd. is a full-service roofing company located in Edmonton, Alberta. We strive for excellence in providing our clients with innovative roofing solutions that call attention to our integrity, quality, and service. Our Roofing Knights bring their diverse expertise and character to the job as we serve the public and private sectors.
At Knights Roofing, we are dedicated to providing protection from above
Our code of chivalry seeks to unite us as a team through our words and actions. At Knights Roofing, we do not believe in “business as usual” but instead in treating our community as members of an extended family.
We seek a Residential Roofing Estimator to join the knighthood and become a Roofing Knight. To be accountable and solutions-oriented, every project needs a good foundation to know where to begin. You will be responsible for estimating and preparing proposals for residential roofing projects, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standard of quality.
- Attending site visits and tender meetings
- Pricing roofing projects and creating proposals for clients
- Thoroughly reading specifications and understanding all requirements of every project
- Review contracts for site requirements
- Prepare estimates of probable costs to materials, labour and equipment, and subcontractors for roofing projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Consult and communicate with PM, engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare cost estimates and change orders where appropriate
- Review, evaluate, and coordinate all relevant documents
- Consider all risks, such as procurement, contracts, scope, methodology, cost, quality and schedule.
- Prepare and interpret tender documents, specifications, general conditions, other parts of the contract and negotiate contracts.
- Maintain relationships with clients and ensure they are satisfied with our services.
Each of our Roofing Knights brings their skills and knowledge to the table as we learn from each other and grow to serve better. Our team brings a personal touch to caring deeply about how we serve our customers and employees and uphold our commitment to quality workmanship. We seek a worthy roofing knight to join us, bringing your knowledge, experience, and desire to protect.
Roofing or construction experience is an asset, but we have an excellent training program and are willing to train the right candidate for the position from the ground up. To be a Roofing Knight, we are looking for:
- Analysis & problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks to efficiently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have good organization, time management, multitasking and stress management skills
- Must be punctual and reliable with excellent work ethic
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Form and maintain customer relations through email and on the phone
- Work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Attend internal weekly meetings held by management
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other software
- Attend site meetings
- Review specifications & drawings
- Liaison with home owners, consultants, general contractors and suppliers
- Drivers licence must be valid
Will you answer the call?