Residential Roofing Estimator
We are seeking a Residential Roofing Estimator to join our team. You will be responsible for estimating and preparing proposals for residential roofing projects, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standard of quality.
- Attending site visits and tender meetings
- Pricing roofing projects and creating proposals for clients
- Thoroughly reading specifications and understanding all requirements of every project
- Review contracts for site requirements
- Prepare estimates of probable costs to materials, labour and equipment, and subcontractors for roofing projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Consult and communicate with PM, engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare cost estimates and change orders where appropriate
- Review, evaluate, and coordinate all relevant documents
- Consider all risks, such as procurement, contracts, scope, methodology, cost, quality and schedule.
- Prepare and interpret tender documents, specifications, general conditions, other parts of the contract and negotiate contracts.
- Maintain relationships with clients and ensure they are satisfied with our services.
Skills and Qualifications
Roofing or construction experience is an asset but we have an excellent training program and are willing to train the right candidate for the position form the ground up.
- Analysis & problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks to efficiently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have good organization, time management, multitasking and stress management skills
- Must be punctual and reliable with excellent work ethic
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Form and maintain customer relations through email and on the phone
- Work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Attend internal weekly meetings held by management
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other software
- Attend site meetings
- Review specifications & drawings
- Liaison with home owners, consultants, general contractors and suppliers
- Drivers licence must be valid
Beginning of employment
As soon as possible
10025 29a Ave NW, Edmonton, AB, T6N 1A9, Canada
March 16, 2023